The Do's and Dont's of Batteries and Chargers
- Keep FLAME, SPARKS, METALLIC OBJECTS away from the top of the battery.
- Add water frequently to maintain the correct level.
- Read instructions on the proper charger setting.
- Always allow the battery to charge fully before using.
- Use Hydrometer to check state of charge.
- Keep the battery top area clean and dry.
- Allow the battery to cool down before using after charging.
- Keep charging equipment in good repair; clean occasionally by blowing out with compressed air.
- Give cold batteries extra time to charge.
- Wash and neutralize batteries when required.
- Over discharge batteries.
- Add too much water.
- Change batteries unnecessarily.
- Disconnect the battery before turning the charger off.
- Damage connectors by dropping them on the floor.
- Lift batteries with chains - only use a spreader bar.
- Meddle with charger adjustments.
- Add anything other than water to the batteries.
- Ignore problems - eliminate them with proper action.
- Guess about batteries and chargers - ask questions, be informed, be safe and be productive.
©2017 Advanced Motive Power Systems, Inc. All rights reserved.